California Childcare Injury Attorneys
Lawyers seek compensation for kids hurt in school and at day care
Schools and day care facilities have a duty to protect your child from harm. They must act reasonably and prudently to guard against preventable injuries. Without proper safeguards in place, the negligence of care providers, schools, teachers and other personnel can result in a serious accident. In some situations, children are intentionally mistreated. If your child has been hurt while at a childcare center or school, the skilled California attorneys at Mastagni Holstedt, A.P.C. will pursue the justice your child deserves. Our firm helps clients throughout the state obtain financial compensation for injuries suffered by children in what should be a safe environment.
Standard of care for childcare facilities
California childcare facilities are expected to maintain certain safety standards. Along with traditional schools and day-care centers, there are other types of establishments where young people must be safely supervised, including camps, after-care centers and martial-arts studios. If your child was hurt anywhere proper child-care was supposed to be provided, our firm will determine if rule violations or other types of negligence led to their injury.
Types of claims frequently brought against schools and day-care centers
Even when a daycare makes you sign a liability waiver, this does not mean they are immune from personal injury lawsuits. They are still required to avoid negligent or intentional harm. Specific types of claims that can be brought against childcare centers might relate to the following:
- Unsafe premises — If a child is hurt due to a hazard at their day-care or school property that should have been fixed or identified, you might have a premises liability claim. This could be the result of an untended spill, a damaged floor or the failure to childproof the facility properly.
- Negligent supervision — Staff members and teachers must keep an eye on your kids and every young person in their care. Even a quick glance at one’s phone could result in a serious accident. After a child is hurt, we review the facts in detail to determine whether negligent supervision contributed to the injury.
- Unlawful acts — Employees of childcare centers who abuse children, consume drugs or commit other illegal acts are not only subject to criminal prosecution, but can be held accountable through civil litigation. Businesses and government bodies that fail to screen or monitor their workers might be required to compensate victims for the misconduct that occurred due to their negligence.
If your child was hurt, you should immediately reach out to our dedicated team of childcare personal injury lawyers for assistance.
Common types of accidents in California childcare facilities
Our firm handles a full range of childcare negligence cases, including claims arising from:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Injuries caused by defective or dangerous toys
- Equipment malfunctions
- Playground injuries
- Injuries from other children
- Intentional abuse from staff
Children may face broken bones, skin lacerations and even severe psychological trauma from these types of incidents. If the injury that your child suffered could have been prevented with reasonable attention from childcare center or school staff, our firm will pursue maximum payment in a verdict or settlement.
Get in touch with a California childcare injury attorney right away
Mastagni Holstedt, A.P.C. represents clients throughout California in all types of childcare injury claims. Our offices are in Sacramento, Rancho Cucamonga, Pleasanton and Inglewood. For a free consultation, contact us online or call .