California Lawyers Represent Victims of Toxic Material Exposure
Experienced injury attorneys litigate in Sacramento, Rancho Cucamonga and around the state
Industrial chemicals, when kept in proper containment, pose no threat to the public. But the negligent or reckless release of toxic material presents immediate and possibly long-term risks to anyone who might be exposed. If you’ve been injured due to toxic material exposure in California, our legal team at Mastagni Holstedt, APC is ready to help. For decades, we have delivered aggressive and effective personal injury representation for clients in Sacramento, Rancho Cucamonga and statewide. We will give you the reliable advice and strong advocacy you need to recover fair and adequate compensation for your losses.
The risk to the public of toxic materials exposure
Environmental regulations have helped us make great strides in cleaning up the environment and keeping people safe from toxic exposure. However, the public is at risk from negligent acts such as:
- Chemical transportation crashes and accidental releases
- Hazardous waste transportation crashes and accidental releases
- Industrial chemical accidents
- Industrial chemical releases
- Illegal waste dumping and incineration
- Groundwater contamination
If you have been directly impacted by any such event and are showing symptoms of toxic exposure, you may be entitled to personal injury compensation.
Injuries and ailments caused by toxic chemical exposure
American industry uses a variety of toxic chemicals for a wide range of purposes. The dangers to humans include:
- Burns — Corrosive, caustic chemicals can burn the skin and the eyes. If you inhale them, they can burn the insides of your nose and mouth, and do lasting damage to your sinuses, throat and lungs.
- Poison — Many chemicals are toxic to humans and can cause painful, life-threatening symptoms, such as vomiting, dizziness, slurred speech, seizures, unconsciousness, difficulty breathing and stomach cramps.
- Cancer — Certain chemicals, such as asbestos, arsenic, benzene, beryllium and vinyl chloride, can cause cell mutations that over time lead to cancer.
Workers engaged in agriculture, construction, manufacturing, mechanical maintenance, mining and metal working are at a greater risk of chemical burns and other harm due to toxic chemicals. Whatever the circumstances of your toxic exposure, we can perform a thorough investigation to analyze your claim.
Proving a case of toxic exposure injury
To prevail in a toxic exposure claim, you must be able to prove a causal link between the negligent handling of toxic material and the injury you suffered. Proving causation is easiest if your symptoms occur immediately after close proximity to a toxic release. The farther away you are from the toxin, or the longer your symptoms take to manifest, the more difficult your case is to prove. But causation is only the first hurdle. You must also demonstrate the full extent of your injury in order to recover full compensation. This generally requires testimony from qualified medical experts who can diagnose your current state of health and present a reliable prognosis for your recovery. If you have suffered permanent harm, you deserve greater compensation. For all these reasons, you should consult an experienced toxic exposure attorney who knows how to protect your rights and secure the compensation you deserve.
Contact a qualified California personal injury attorney to discuss your toxic exposure claim
If you or a loved one has sustained an injury due to negligent handling of toxic materials, Mastagni Holstedt, APC is ready to assist. Contact us online or call for a free consultation with one of our attorneys in Sacramento, Rancho Cucamonga and Pleasanton. We take all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay no legal fees unless we successfully recover compensation on your behalf.