California Soft Tissue Injury Lawyers
Accomplished attorneys seek payment for accident victims statewide
Soft tissue injuries are harmful and painful. If you suffered severe bruising, sprains, tendonitis or another type of soft tissue damage due to someone else’s negligence, you might be entitled to compensation. At Mastagni Holstedt, A.P.C., our California soft tissue injury lawyers represent clients statewide in claims involving these types of ailments that frequently are caused by auto accidents and falls. We investigate your case and develop a sound strategy to pursue monetary damages in your case.
What is a soft tissue injury?
A soft tissue injury happens when the body’s tendons, ligaments or muscles experience some degree of trauma. Some of these injuries occur because of a sudden, unexpected motion or impact. You could experience this in a car accident or a fall on cracked pavement. Common soft tissue injuries include:
- Contusions — Commonly referred to as a bruise, a contusion can occur after a blunt, direct impact to a part of the body. Symptoms include pain, swelling and discoloration.
- Sprains — An unseen hazard or damaged walking surface might result in a sprain, which is a partial tear of a ligament. Ankles, wrists and elbows are especially vulnerable to these injuries where the ligament is twisted or wrenched.
- Tendonitis — Inflammation of a tendon can be caused when the flexible tissue is damaged due to repetitive motions, such as those that occur in factory work.
- Whiplash — A sudden stop or force, often experienced in a car crash, can cause the body and neck to snap back and forth, damaging muscles, ligaments and nerves. Generally referred to as “whiplash,” severe cases can cause headaches, pain and even paralysis.
- Bursitis — The bursa is a fluid-filled sac that cushions the area between bones, muscles or tendons. Inflammation of the bursa caused by trauma can be a painful and chronic ailment.
These soft tissue injuries can have a harmful and debilitating effect on your life. When they are caused by another party’s negligence, our personal injury lawyers will seek justice for you.
Common causes of soft tissue injuries
Soft tissue injuries can be traced to a wide array of causes. They are most often associated with:
These are not the only causes of a soft tissue injury. If you have suffered one and believe it was another party’s fault, you could be owed compensation for your healthcare expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and other damages.
Statute of limitations in California
Most personal injury claims in California must be filed within two years of the date the injury occurred. This is called the statute of limitations. Filing after that date will likely result in dismissal of the late claim. While exceptions exist to this rule, they are rare. The best way to avoid filing late is to speak with an attorney quickly after the accident.
Work with a California soft tissue injury attorney today
Mastagni Holstedt, A.P.C. represents plaintiffs in personal injury cases throughout California. We have offices in Sacramento, Rancho Cucamonga, Pleasanton and Inglewood. If you have suffered a soft tissue injury in California, contact us online or call us at for a free initial consultation.