California Internal Injury Lawyers
Firm based in Sacramento seeks justice for victims of organ damage statewide
Some injuries suffered in a vehicle collision or other type of accident are immediately apparent. However, damage to internal organs might be difficult to detect, even though these injuries can be extremely harmful and even deadly. Based in Sacramento and serving clients throughout California, Mastagni Holstedt, APC has the skill, experience and relationships with expert physicians to provide strong counsel to individuals who have suffered internal injuries due to someone else’s fault.
Types of incidents that cause internal injuries
Various types of accidents can leave a victim with severe internal injuries, including the following:
- Car crashes — In a vehicle collision, the impact can cause a body to hit a seatbelt or something else in the car, resulting in injury to an internal organ.
- Workplace accidents — A machine failure or accident caused by a co-worker’s negligence could trigger a blunt force injury or an object entering the victim’s upper body.
- Slip and fall incidents — When someone experiences a hard fall, the force of the landing is capable of harming one or more organs near the point of impact.
No matter how you were hurt, our lawyers are determined to achieve justice for you through a verdict or settlement.
Firm handles cases involving liver, kidney, spleen and reproductive organ damage
Some of the specific internal organ injuries suffered by accident victims are the following:
- Liver laceration — Approximately 70 percent of blunt liver trauma injuries are caused by auto accidents. Lacerations often can be healed only through surgery. Failure to promptly treat a seriously damaged liver puts the victim at risk of permanent harm or even death.
- Ruptured spleen — A blow to the left side of the abdomen might rupture the spleen and cause blood to leak into the stomach cavity. If this occurs, prompt medical intervention is required to repair or remove the spleen. Failure to do so could be fatal.
- Kidney damage — Various problems can occur when one of a victim’s kidneys is injured in a car accident or another type of incident. Whether the trauma is acute or blunt, problems with the kidney’s ability to filter blood could necessitate dialysis or surgery.
- Injuries to the abdomen and pelvic area — When someone’s stomach slams into a seatbelt during a car crash or injures their pelvis in a fall, it might be difficult to identify the extent of the harm done to the stomach and other internal organs. If you feel any pain or notice unusual bleeding, you should immediately be examined for injuries to your digestive, excretory and reproductive systems.
Our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys work with medical experts to develop a comprehensive case documenting the nature and consequences of your condition.
Established litigators pursue full compensation for internal organ injuries
If your liver, kidney or other internal organ has been harmed, you could require surgery and a long period of recovery. This means significant financial pressure, especially if you are unable to work. Our firm reviews all of the relevant evidence so that we can prepare thorough, well-supported claims against the parties responsible for a client’s injuries. You can rely on us to make every legal effort to maximize the damages you receive for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional distress and loss of enjoyment of life after your accident.
Get a free consultation from a California lawyer regarding an internal organ injury claim
Mastagni Holstedt, APC pursues compensation for clients throughout California in personal injury cases involving harm to the victims’ internal organs. Please call or contact us online to discuss your legal options in a free initial consultation. We handle injury cases on a contingency basis, so you won’t pay attorneys’ fees unless we obtain a financial recovery. We have locations in Sacramento, Rancho Cucamonga, Pleasanton, Redwood City and Stockton.