California Machinery Accident Lawyers
Equipment injury attorneys based in Sacramento seek justice for victims
Throughout California, construction and repair projects depend on heavy equipment to clear natural barriers, carry materials and remove debris. Bulldozers, cranes, backhoes, excavators and other machines must be large enough to get the job done, but their size and power can present a serious threat if someone fails to do their job correctly. The accomplished lawyers at Mastagni Holstedt, APC understand how devastating machinery accidents can be to a victim and their family. We represent plaintiffs in personal injury and wrongful death litigation resulting from collisions involving heavy equipment. From our home office in Sacramento and our other locations around the state, our firm aggressively seeks compensation for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and other damages associated with machinery accidents.
Causes of accidents involving cranes, bulldozers and other heavy equipment
Identifying the party responsible for a heavy equipment injury is sometimes complicated. On a construction site, there might several different parties blaming each other for the incident. Our firm investigates the circumstances thoroughly to find out where the fault lies. Frequent causes of machinery accidents include the following:
- Operator error — Skillful heavy equipment operation requires training and serious focus on the job at hand. When a problem occurs, we use physical evidence, witness accounts and expert reports to assess if the person in control made a harmful error.
- Hazardous conditions — Generally, it is recommended that crane operation be stopped when wind speeds reach 20 miles per hour. Lightning and temperature extremes also can affect the performance of heavy equipment.
- Equipment malfunction — Large machines have thousands of parts, and even a failure that seems small could trigger a catastrophic incident. We examine the facts to evaluate if a manufacturing defect or lack of necessary maintenance contributed to the accident.
- Employer negligence — Having an unqualified employee run a forklift, grader or another type of heavy equipment puts everyone nearby in danger. By reviewing records and gathering information on our own, we can see if an employer violated their legal duty.
Whatever specifically triggered the heavy equipment injury in your case, you can rely on us to take on the liable businesses and individuals so that you can secure a measure of justice.
Types of damages that can be awarded in a machine accident case
The harm resulting from a heavy machinery accident could be life-changing, or even fatal. In personal injury cases, we take great care to quantify the current and future effects of a victim’s injury to demand compensation for damages such as:
- Present and future medical expenses
- Income and earning potential lost due to the injury
- Rehabilitation costs
- Physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and loss of function
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Spouse’s loss of consortium
In wrongful death actions, we work to collect reimbursement for final expenses and income that the decedent would have been expected to earn over their lifetime to help bereaved loved ones deal with the financial aspect of their tragic loss. We also handle workers’ compensation claims for employees who were hurt in a heavy equipment accident while on the job.
Speak with a California lawyer if you’ve been hurt in a heavy machinery accident
Mastagni Holstedt, APC advocates on behalf of people injured in heavy machinery accidents throughout California. To schedule a free consultation regarding your potential claim, please call or contact us online. We work on a contingency basis, which means you do not pay attorney’s fees unless you secure a financial recovery. Our offices are located in Sacramento, Rancho Cucamonga, Pleasanton, Redwood City and Stockton.