Kenneth Bacon is a senior associate in the Civil Litigation Department of Mastagni Holstedt, A Professional Corporation. Mr. Bacon is a certified specialist in legal malpractice law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Ken has 29 years of experience in civil litigation involving professional liability claims involving attorneys, architects, engineers, real estate brokers, insurance brokers and other professionals. Ken also is experienced in construct defect and litigation, insurance law including insurance coverage and general civil litigation. Ken has handled hundreds of state and federal civil cases through settlement, alternative dispute resolution, trial and appeal. Ken also serves as a consultant and expert witness in professional liability, ethics and insurance matters and he is a frequent lecturer on attorney-client fee disputes and professional ethics.
Ken is also the Presiding Arbitrator for the California State Bar Mandatory Fee Arbitration Program and he is the Chair of the Sacramento County Bar Association Mandatory Fee Arbitration Program. He also serves as a pro tem settlement judge for the Sacramento County Superior Court and as a judicial arbitrator.
- J.D., University of Santa Clara School of Law (1982)
- B.S., San Jose State University (Criminology) (1978)
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- State Bar of California: Presiding Arbitrator State Bar of California Mandatory Fee Arbitration Program; Member of the State Bar Mandatory Fee Arbitration Committee (Chair 2011-2012); Member Litigation Section, Law Practice Management Section and Real Property Law Section.
- American Bar Association: Member Standing Committee on Professional Responsibility, National Legal Malpractice Data Center; Member Forum Committee on Construction; Member Litigation Section.
- Sacramento County Bar Association: Chair of the Mandatory Fee Arbitration Committee
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyer
- National Association of Legal Fee Analysis